The fourth cookie from the Cookie Challenge is from Ashley Birdzell. Ashley is a mom who was born in California but raised in Texas. She currently lives in Riverside,CA and learns more about life everyday from her 2 year old who is a ball of energy.
Her little kicker is a nod to her Texas family but the raspberry jam is the icing thanks to her California roots.
Every Christmas her Uncle Mike here in California makes the best jam and one night she had some left over and decided to put it on top of her cheesecake and she was in heaven! Then I thought it would be fantastic to make a cookie out of it. Her Aunt Mary back in Texas always treated her with cookies and sweet tea when she got home from school so cookies really bring back memories for Ashley. Her recipe for the cookie is below.
- 1-8 oz package of Cream Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1 package of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 2 Tablespoons of Raspberry Jam (homemade or Smuckers)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Clove
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat Oven to 350, Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl beat Cream Cheese until fluffy and smooth, beat in egg and spices. Mix in cookie mix with spatula, stir in raspberry jam and pecans (optional for nuts).
- Drop dough 2 inches apart with a tablespoon or small scoop, lightly pat cookies to flatten
- Bake for 9-12 min or until edges are golden brown
Yields approximately 2 dozen cookies