We don’t eat much fast food, but when we do, I always choose Del Taco. Their menu items start with fresh ingredients, most of which are prepared in-house. Pico de gallo is made on site, and beans are cooked fresh at each location.
With the new year, most of us are keeping in line with resolutions to eat healthier, work out more, and generally, do what we can to stay in better shape. But who has the time to do it all? Del Taco’s convenient drive-thru makes it easy to zip through and pick up a quick snack, or lunch on the go.
There are so many choices for you including salads, tacos and bowls that will keep you on the right track even if don’t have the time or energy to cook yourself.
- Did you know you can substitute seasoned turkey, now with 40% less fat than the restaurant’s seasoned beef, on any menu item? Or you can add it to the Crunchtada — which is what I do — or tacos.
- Handcrafted Ensaladas, are all under 600 calories including dressing and prepared to order with fresh ingredients like hand-chopped pico de gallo, freshly sliced avocado, crisp romaine lettuce and more.
- Del Taco’s line of Fresca Bowls are packed with the fresh ingredients you love in your favorite burritos sans tortilla are super tasty. My favorite is the Pollo Asado with Avocado!
- With a choice of freshly grilled marinated chicken or carne asada steak topped with roasted chile salsa, diced onions, fresh cilantro, and hand-sliced avocado, wrapped in two warm corn tortillas, Del Taco’s street tacos are only 170-180 calories each.
- Compared to eight other top fast food picks, Del Taco’s Crinkle Cut Fries have the fewest calories (small: 210) — music to my ears because Del Taco is the only fast food I frequent on a regular basis.
You have the opportunity to WIN a giftcard to try these deliciously fresh options from Del Taco. Leave a comment with your full name and tell me what your favorite Del Taco menu items are. Entries close on Sunday, January 22nd, 2017.