Sharky’s Woodfired Mexican Grill opened its 22nd restaurant in Northridge recently, and has kept the promise of serving “food with a difference” when the first restaurant opened in Sherman Oaks in 1992.
The menu at Sharky’s combines Mexican cuisine with organic and natural food. Sourcing only the best ingredients, you can really taste how flavorful, and how fresh everything is. Everything at Sharky’s is handcrafted and made-to-order. Nothing is sitting around waiting for you. I bump into a friend while visiting Sharky’s and he tells me he eats here several times a week (he was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago) and finds the food perfectly suited for his current lifestyle.
You can choose salads and tacos if you’re wanting something less carby. If you’re not watching your carbs, then indulge in burritos, stone-fired pizzas or nachos. I am impressed by the variety of gluten-free offerings on the menu board.
Sharky’s commitment to using top quality ingredients includes:
• All-Natural Chicken Breast contains no added preservatives, hormones or phosphates.
• All-Natural Angus Steak is antibiotic free with no added hormones.
• Wild Caught Alaska Salmon (MSC-Certified and Wild Caught Fish selections are sustainable and help maintain healthy oceans).
• GMO-free corn.
• Marinated, grilled organic tofu is non-GMO Project verified and US grown.
• Organic Black and Pinto beans are made without lard, and Sharky’s also offers only organic whole grain brown rice and organic long grain white rice.
• Organic baby greens, baby spinach, baby kale and Romaine lettuce in the salads, and yams are organic too.
• Cheese and sour cream are rBGH-free.
Whether you are vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, low fat, low calorie, low carb or you’re a meat-loving person, there is something for you.
Please visit Sharky’s Woodfired Grill’s website for more details and a location near you.
One lucky reader will have the chance to WIN a Sharky’s giftcard worth $25. Please leave a comment about your experiences with Sharky’s or why you want to visit Sharky’s. Entries close on Friday, June 22nd, 2016. Good luck!